Easy Steps and Straight Answers for Starting Your Own Self-Publishing Business
Self-publishing is a creative tsunami. Writers see their creative visions expand as they edit and design their books. Everything seems possible, achievable, wonderful, until they get their first W-9 and wonder what are they supposed to do with that.
Many indie authors are surprised to discover they are starting a business. They have questions about incorporation and business licenses. They wonder what to do about sales taxes. They fear hiring editors, designers, and other freelancers. Most of all, they don’t want to take time away from writing to figure it all out.
A few months ago, we approached author and self-publishing attorney Helen Sedwick about writing a guide to help authors set up their publishing businesses quickly and easily. After 30 years of practicing business law, she knew the subject. She got to work writing lists, collecting links, and creating forms.
Introducing PBIB, a toolkit written specifically for indie authors and covering everything from naming your business to releasing your inner entrepreneurial badass.
In this Complete Toolkit You Will Find...
13 Easy-to-Use Worksheets and Forms
Need a contract for an editor or designer? Looking for a permission letter to use an image? What about a spreadsheet to keep track of income and expenses? PBIC includes checklists, worksheets and sample releases, freelance contracts, and permission letters, with explanations and instructions.
A Comprehensive 74 Page Guide
PBIB in laid out in an easy-to-follow sequence. It explains what to do when and where to file what, so you can avoid back-tracking. It shows you how to organize your business information to save time and money at tax time. It will help spark ideas for expanding your business empire.
An Experienced Advisor
As an indie author herself, Helen translates legalese into easy-to-follow instructions. Her best-selling book, Self-Publisher’s Legal Handbook, covers many topics important to authors such as copyright, privacy and defamation. Publishers Weekly called the Handbook one of the top five resource books for indie authors.
Self Publishing Business in a Box is more than a tool kit. It will help you set up your business so it stays in the box and out of the way of your creative dreams.
What this Toolkit Can Do for You...
This Kit is Made for Today's Self-Published Author
Publishing Business in a Box will walk you through the various tasks of operating a business, including:
• Deciding whether to form a corporation or limited liability company
• Developing a realistic budget or a full-blown business plan
• Choosing an imprint name, including where to search for possible conflicts
• Obtaining business identification numbers, permits and licenses
• Purchasing ISBNs
• Setting up bank, PayPal and other business accounts
• Accepting credit cards
• Keeping track of income and expenses
• Retaining business contracts and records
• Understanding tax reporting and payment obligations
• Financing through crowd-funding and other options
• Hiring freelancers
• Buying Insurance
• Growing a business beyond the book
Get 13 Step-by-step Worksheets, Forms, & Checklists
- Worksheet 1: Your Business ID Numbers
- Worksheet 2: Resale Certificate or Seller Info
- Worksheet 3: PayPal Setup
- Worksheet 4: Choosing a Company Name
- Worksheet 5: Business Plan Vs Budget
- Checklist: Business and Tax Calendar
- Form: Release with Samples
- Form: Memoir Ghostwriting Contract with Samples
- Form: Lyrics Use Permission with Samples
- Form: Image User Permission with Samples
- Form: Independent Contractor Agreement
- Form: Publishing Contract
What You Will Receive
• A comprehensive, 74-page PDF guide that walks you through setting up your publishing business, and advice on how to best utilize your business model.
Note, the downloadable files will arrive in a .zip compressed file folder and must be unzipped/extracted before use on your device. Product renderings are examples of what the product may look like on your device, or when printed. The monitors, tablets, eReader devices, and printed versions of the materials are not included in your purchase.
Knock Your Publishing Business Out of the Park Today,
Just Choose Click "Add to Cart".
Just Choose Click "Add to Cart".